Occupant Door to Garage
- The door to the home not being fire-rated or self-closing.
- The door being damaged, warped, or rubbing at the top/bottom/jamb.
- Damaged weather stripping and/or daylight coming through the door.
- Handle that is loose, damaged, or does not latch/lock properly.
- Multiple other door defects can be seen in the R&R section below.
- Compromised firewall at the ceiling.
- Ceiling is cracked, damaged, or missing.
- There is a hole or leak at the ceiling.
- Compromised firewall at the walls.
- There is an access hole, bulge, crack, or damage at the garage walls.
- There is a leak and/or moisture intrusion at the garage walls.
- The garage walls have nail pops, peeling paint, or has signs of repair.
- There was mold present at the garage walls.
- Minor Cracking
Garage Vehicle Door(s)
- The garage vehicle door beginning to delaminate.
- Door not staying open after the safety release cord was pulled.
- Garage vehicle door having a damaged frame.
- Glass being broken, cracked, or missing.
- Hinges that are damaged or loose.
- Signs of moisture/water intrusion on the interior of the garage vehicle door.
- Not connected to the opener or not operating properly.
- Not sealed at the floor.
- Panels that are damaged or deteriorated.
- Safety cord that is missing.
- Signs of repair on the garage vehicle door.
- Support brace that is damaged or loose.
- Track wheel that is damaged or loose.
- Garage vehicle door that is weathered or has weather stripping that is damaged, loose, or missing.
Garage Door Operator(s)
- Garage door did not operate, was disconnected, or had excessive vibration/noise.
- Garage door operator was bent, damaged, or not secure.
- The button was loose/damaged or had to be held in order to close.
- Garage door operator was improperly plugged into outlet using extension cord.
- Door sensor was damaged, not present, installed at the ceiling, or greater than 6” inches.
- No GFCI protection.
- Damaged or missing faceplate – Damaged or missing weatherproof cover.
- GFCI has multiple on one circuit, not grounded, will not reset, will not trip, or is not present.
- Open Neutral – Reverse Polarity – Obstructed – Not Working – Not Grounded – Obstructed – Wired to Light.
- Outlet has knockouts/gaps, is loose, or has loose contacts.
Electrical Switches and Fixtures
- Light socket adapter is being used and it should have its own outlet.
- Light bulb that is missing or not working, or can’t find light switch.
- Has a chain that is missing or stuck.
- Light fixture is loose or hanging from electrical wiring.
- The light fixture cover is cracked, damaged, or missing.
- Light fixture has exposed splices and/or electrical conductors.
- Light fixture is using extension cord as permanent wiring and needs its own outlet.
- Light fixture is flickering or has broken glass.
- Light fixture is missing a cover, glass, globe, part, is old/rusty, or is not working.
- Light switch is wired wrong, buzzes, is damaged/defective, is loose, or missing.
- Light switch is missing cover plate, knob, or screw.
- Steps that are damaged, loose, sloped, or were not installed properly.
- Steps where there is no headroom, risers are too high, or tread is too short.
- Handrail that is loose, missing, or the rail is lower than 32” inches.
- Handrail that has spindles that are greater than 4” inches wide.
- Handrail that has no return at the railing ends.
- Cord is severed.
- Crank handle is not working, damaged, loose, or missing.
- Did not close completely or the frame is damaged.
- Glass is broken, cracked, missing, or not tempered.
- Glazing is missing or grille is damaged.
- Had peeling paint or has been pulled loose at the frame.
- Lock is loose, damaged, missing, or not working properly.
- Not able to inspect due to an AC unit being in the window.
- Sash is difficult to operate, not aligned, rubs/scrapes, is stuck, or the top slides down.
- Sash cord is damaged or missing.
- Screens missing or damaged.
- Seals are damaged/cloudy.
- Window sill is damaged.
- Spring rails are loose or the springs are weak.
- Window is stuck or has been exposed to moisture intrusion/water penetration.
- The window won’t open, is not functional, or does not fit in the opening.